Balluff has one of the broadest product offerings of any sensor company. Balluff products include a complete line of sensors, transducers, ID systems, and connectivity products. Our sensor lines include photoelectric, inductive, capacitive and magnetic, as well as other more specialized sensor products to fit virtually any sensing application.
Sensors for presence sensing of objects and for synchronization of automated machinery and processes, it’s important to match the sensing principle to the job at hand. Balluff offers a wide variety of discrete (on/off) sensor technologies to deliver optimal performance for your application.
- Inductive Proximity Sensors – Metallic targets at shorter ranges
- Photoelectric Sensors – Multiple target materials at longer ranges
- Machine Vision – Complex multiple target materials at short to medium ranges
- Capacitive Sensors – Bulk materials and liquids through container walls
- Magnetic Field Sensors – Wear-free position detection for pneumatic cylinders
- Cylinder Sensors – Includes magnetic field, high pressure inductive, analog inductive, and linear position sensors
- Ultrasonic Sensors – Analog and discrete outputs for transparent, reflective, contoured objects in dark, dusty, humid environments.
Linear Position and Measurement
Balluff offers a complete range of sensors for distance and position measurement for applications requiring continuous position feedback. Whether you need to measure a few thousandths of an inch or hundreds of inches, Balluff distance and position sensors provide accurate, reliable, non-contact position feedback.
- Linear position transducers – Rugged, absolute position feedback with stroke lengths from 2″ to 200″
- Inductive Distance Sensors – Analog output for short range, distance measurement of metal targets
- Photoelectric Distance Sensors – Analog output for long and short range sensing regardless of target material
- Magneto-Inductive Sensor – Compact housing, continuous analog feedback with stroke lengths from 10-160mm
- Magnetic Linear Encoder System – High precision encoder for linear or rotary position feedback with lengths to 48m, resolution to 1µm
- Ultrasonic Sensors – Analog and discrete outputs for transparent, reflective, contoured objects in dark, dusty, humid environments with resolution down to 0.2 mm.
Balluff’s industrial RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) systems offer data tracking and error proofing solutions such as machine tool, flexible assembly, production, automation, warehousing, logistics, and distribution tracking.
The BIS series offers maximum application flexibility using a variety of components including data carriers, metal and plastic processor housings, and read/write heads to data carrier combinations.
Networking and Connectivity
Choosing the correct connectivity products is just as important as specifying the right sensor for the unique industrial environments. Balluff carries a wide range of connectivity solutions, ranging from passive cabling and multiple interface blocks to active networking cables and IO modules.
- Remotes – Allows the transfer of signals and power from a controller through an air gap without physical contact or hardwiring
- Passive Connectivity – Cordsets, multiple interface blocks (MIBs), receptacles, field attachables for sensors
- DeviceNet Connectivity – Networking cordsets, aux power cordsets, I/O modules, tees, bulk heads, diagnostics for DeviceNet Networks
- Profibus Connectivity – Cordsets, I/O modules, termination resistor, field attachables for Profibus networks
- IO-Link – A low cost means to expand Profibus/Profinet networks for automation customers to build and retrofit machines with an overall cost savings in components, cabling, installation, integration, and maintenance
- EtherNet/IP Connectivity – Cordsets, I/O modules, field attachables for EtherNet/IP Networks
- CC-Link – Industrial RFID, cordsets, I/O modules, fieldbus accessories, aux power accessories for CC-Link networks
- Profinet – Industrial RFID, cordsets, I/O modules, field attachables for Profinet Networks
- Power Supplies – Reliable power for demanding industrial automation systems, in single and three phase versions
The main application area of Balluff vision sensors is the field of reliable error and quality checks. Their versatility gives rise to a range of tools to enable the best possible monitoring of production processes. In addition, each of the variants is characterized by its own special features. This all-rounder is really easy to use. You can select the right vision sensor type for your needs so that you get the best solution for every single scenario.
- Productive and economical checks
- Short setup times thanks to quick installation and configuration
- Convenient setup in 3 steps