Mitsubishi Electric has announced the release of its next generation, multi-purpose inverter, the FR-E800 Series. Designed to save energy and minimize cost, the FR-E800 brings together advances in quality, performance, and predictive maintenance capabilities in one inverter.
Here are a few of the most important features:
- Built-in PLC function – FR-E800 users can set various operation patterns: inverter movements at signal inputs, signal outputs at particular inverter statuses, and monitor outputs, etc. Operation of the entire system can be controlled by the inverter alone.
- Various Ethernet protocols – FR-E800 inverters support a variety of open networks without using any option cards. With built-in protocols, the FR-E800 can communicate via various networks, assuring compatibility with existing systems.
- CC-Link IE TSN
- CC-Link IE Field Basic
- Compact design – Save space with a compact footprint to control 3-phase motors up to 10HP (with expansion in the future) at 200V, 400V and 600V.
- Dual overload rating – Achieve top performance in smaller frame sizes with light duty (LD) and normal duty (ND) overload current ratings.
- Ability to auto-tune to IM & PM motors – Setup and commission quickly and easily without time-consuming tuning or the need for on-site support.
- Inverter-to-inverter linking – Create small-scale systems by connecting multiple VFDs via Ethernet protocols. The communication between multiple inverters is carried out through the inputs/outputs and built-in PLC.
- Extended environmental rating – FR-E800 operates in ambient temperatures from -20°C to 60°C (-5 to 140°F) and the control card is conformal coated to withstand harsh environments.
- Alert system – FR-E800 is the world’s first system to identify signs of damage caused by hydrogen sulfide or other corrosive gases. The operator receives a notification when the production environment needs to be improved or risk the possibility of unplanned downtime.
- Life diagnostics function – Analyze and determine remaining lifetime of critical components, such as capacitors, contact relays, cooling fan, and inrush current limit resistor.
FR-E800 is beneficial in a variety of industries, including packaging, material handling, food and beverage, water and pumping, and any other industry where migration to PM motors to improve energy efficiency is becoming commonplace.